- Dry food - Pre-measure meals in individual baggies and bring ready to serve.
- Wet food (cans or plastic containers) - Bring in original containers.
- Home prepared food - Pre-measure meals in individual baggies or plastic containers and bring ready to serve. If only a small amount is being added to each meal, home prepared items may be brought in one small plastic container.
- Raw - MUST be brought in pre-measured individual baggies ready to serve.
- Treats - Place enough treats for your dog’s stay in a baggy. We are happy to serve!
*Please bring 1-2 extra meals in case of an unexpected change in check out date.
**All treats served must be able to be chewed and eaten safely by your pup immediately upon serving. No rawhides or similar type treats or chews are allowed at DDO due to choking hazards. Save those treats for your pet to enjoy at home with your supervision.
Other acceptable methods:
- If all food to be served during your dog’s reservation (wet or dry), will fit into a plastic container no larger than 18Lx15Wx10H inches (the size of our storage totes), you may bring one container of this size. Please let us know what amount we will be serving (in cups). We will provide the scoop.
- You may bring one bag of dry food with your pet(s) if it is 10 pounds (or less) in size. Be sure this bag will be enough food for your pet’s entire reservation. Please let us know what amount we will be serving (in cups). We will provide the scoop.
Please bring 1-2 extra meals in case of an unexpected change in check out date.
All treats served must be able to be chewed and eaten safely by your pup immediately upon serving. No rawhides or similar type treats or chews are allowed at DDO due to choking hazards. Save those treats for your pet to enjoy at home with your supervision.
Please bring food storage containers that you do not mind us writing on with a permanent marker for labeling purposes.
Things we will not be able to store:
- Bags of kibble larger than 10 pounds.
- Storage or food containers larger than 18Lx15Wx10H inches in size.
- Food, medication, or belongings before, after, or in between reservations. (Please take everything with you when you go.)
Things we provide:
- Bowls - We have a variety of bowls (stainless bowls, stainless plates, puzzle bowls, slow feed bowls, etc). We should be able to provide any type of serving dish needed during your pet’s stay. However, please talk to us if your dog has a special need for meal serving.
- Preparation utensils (forks, spoons, knives, etc.) - We have all things needed to prep meals on hand in our kitchen.
- Measuring cups/scoops - If a meal, or a portion of a meal, is not pre-measured, we will have all utensils needed to measure and portion food items on hand in our kitchen.
- Toys and food puzzles - We keep an array of toys and food puzzles to use with our guests. Kong, Nylabone, and many other toys safe for our environment can be provided based on your dog’s needs.
Please bring all medications in their original bottle. This includes supplements, herbal remedies, and any dietary additive or aide. If you have a medication or supplement in a large container you feel would be difficult for us to store, please talk to us about an acceptable way to bring the item.